1. Connect the Lectron CCS Adapter with a Windows OS computer using a “Micro-USB” cable. The CCS Adapter must be connected for the firmware to be updated.
2. Download the Windows file and run it to install the driver onto your computer. Click install when you see the window below.
3. Once the driver is installed successfully, you will see the following message:
4. Check your “Device Manager” under the “Ports” section to ensure the USB driver (COM3) is installed and the file is visible.
5. Download and run the firmware writer “V166-1.exe”. The following page will show the “Port Name” (COM3).
6. Click ‘write’. The software should begin updating as shown below.
7. The update should take about a minute. Once successful, you will see “Status: Success” as shown below. Your firmware update is complete.
Note: If you are still unable to use the CCS Adapter, please download V166-1.exe and go back to step 5 for firmware update.
1. Connect the Lectron CCS Adapter with a macOS computer using a “Micro-USB” cable (through an Apple Lightning adapter). The firmware will not update unless the CCS Adapter is connected.
2. Download the “V166-1.zip” file and click “Driver_for_mac.pkg”.
3. You will see the “Install CH34xVCPDriver” window “Introduction” page. Press ‘Continue’.
- After that, you see the “Installation Type” page as shown below, press ‘Install’.
5. When you see the “Summary” page with the message shown below, the driver has been installed.
6. Next, locate the “updata_tool.zip” on your desktop. Double click to uncompress (be sure not to change the name of the document after your uncompress).
7. Next, click ‘mac_updata_tool’ as shown below.
8. You will then see a page like the one below, which is used to select the serial port and serial port number of the CCS Adapter:
9. After selecting the serial port number, press ‘Enter’ to begin the update. You will see a window similar to the one below.
10. When the update is finished, you will see the updated software version listed at the bottom.
11. Your firmware update is complete.
Note: If you are still unable to use the CCS Adapter, please download V166-1.zip and go back to step 5 for firmware update.