In recent years, a notable trend in the EV charging industry has seen many EV owners gravitating towards static home charging stations as their primary source for high-powered Level 2 charging.
A common belief is that installing a home charging station will yield significantly more impressive returns than using a portable charging unit. Join us as we explore the key pros and cons of both charging stations and portable chargers.
Discover how the Lectron Portable Level 2 40A Charger is challenging this mindset by offering a compelling blend of power and portability, all at a significantly lower cost.
What Are EV Owners Looking For?
When surveyed about their preferences for Level 2 chargers, EV owners consistently highlighted three primary needs for their ideal EV charging solution:
Affordability ● Dependability ● Ease of Use
(Source: BCG Boston Consulting Group, 2023)
Maximizing Value, Minimizing Expense
To gain a clearer understanding, let's compare the best-selling Level 2 Charging Station on Amazon as of November 2023 with the Lectron Portable Level 2 EV Charger.
The Financial Breakdown
- Lectron Portable Level 2 40A EV Charger: $259.99
- Top-Selling Level 2 EV Charging Station on Amazon: $587.38
- Speed: Lectron's 40 Amp, 240 V, 9.6 kW charger delivers nearly 30 miles per hour of charge, compared to the higher rate of a little over 35 miles per hour from the top-selling 50 Amp, 240V, 12 kW charging station on Amazon.
Notably, the static charging station's performance is on par with Lectron’s 40A charger when using a NEMA 14-50 plug.
- Portability: The Lectron charger's ease of portability and plug-and-play functionality is a significant advantage.
- Safety: Both chargers are ETL UL listed, Energy Star certified, FCC certified, and IP rated for outdoor use. The Lectron charger is as safe and reliable as the top-selling charging station.
Navigating the Maze of Rebates & Incentives
Government incentives for EV charging stations, while well-intentioned, often come entangled in a web of complexities. This can deter many potential buyers and diminish one of the key benefits of choosing a static charging station over a high-powered portable charger.
State and Federal Rebate Hurdles:
- At the State Level: In Pasadena, California, for example, qualifying for a Charger Rebate requires an itemized sales receipt or paid invoice, and the charger must be WiFi enabled/Internet Connected for a $600 incentive. The application process is multi-step and compliance with various requirements is mandatory. (Source: Pasadena Water and Power Department, 2023)
- At the Federal Level: Claiming the federal tax credit involves using Form 8911 with the IRS and providing receipts for both the purchase price of the EV charger and installation fees. The EV charger tax credit is subtracted from your federal tax liability and is not a cash payment. (Source: Energy5, 2023)
The Lectron Advantage: Bypassing Bureaucratic Hurdles
The Lectron charger stands in stark contrast to these complex processes. Its plug-and-play nature and absence of installation requirements allow you to avoid the bureaucratic maze associated with traditional charging stations.
The Practical Choice for Modern EV Owners
Lectron’s Portable Chargers are designed for the real-world needs of EV owners, offering a pragmatic solution that prioritizes convenience, efficiency, and smart spending.
Why a Lectron Portable Charger Is Right For You
- Cost Savings: Lectron Portable Chargers offer significant financial advantages.
- Performance Efficiency: Matches or nearly equals more expensive static charging stations in performance.
- Ease of Use: The plug-and-play design makes installation and use effortless.
The Lectron Portable Level 2 40A EV Charger is not just a cost-effective choice; it's a smart, forward-thinking investment for EV owners, combining top-notch performance with unparalleled convenience.